Music stickers are getting really popular on Instagram Stories. When users add lyrics or music to their Stories, it can feel limiting. One of the biggest problems for users is their inability to access compatible Music on Instagram stories.
Have you ever tried to add music to your Instagram Story, and it didn't work? There are a few reasons why some Instagram accounts don't have access to add music to their Instagram Stories, and that could be because you're a business account (or you just live in Canada 😉):
Adding Music in Instagram Stories
Instagram stories are a feature that lets you add a musical beat to your pictures. It will automatically sync with your library of songs to give your Story a more human feel. This makes creating "story-like" photos much more accessible than before, and the result is Instagram stories filled with emotion.
- On your device (iPhone, Samsung, Hawaii, etc...) home screen, locate the Instagram icon and tap to open the app
- Swipe left from your feed screen to open the Stories feature
- Take or select the photo or video you want to post to your Instagram Story
- The menu bar along the top of your screen, tap the small square smiley icon, which looks like a Post-It being peeled away
- Tap the "Music" option. Then, in the search box which appears, type in the song you want to include on your Instagram Story
- Tap on the selected song when it appears on the list, and drags the small bar at the bottom of the screen to the segment of the music you want on your Story
- Tap "Done" when finished, then post your Story as usual
Along with the artist, you can also add a title (if it has one), links to social media pages if applicable, and descriptions for additional context about what's happening in the video. Check out our Instagram for inspiration @hustlworks.
Why Can't I Add Music to My Instagram Stories?
Guess what? If you're in one of these countries, you can access the music sticker. The countries included in the original release were Australia, New Zealand, France, Germany, Sweden, the UK, and the US. That was back in 2020 though, the good news is you can access the sticker with standard user accounts.
What may be stopping you from Add Music to My Instagram Stories
- You should make sure you have the latest version of the Instagram app —new versions often include product enhancements or bug fixes
- Due to licensing restrictions, Instagram creators cannot use music that consists of a synthesized instrumental that sounds similar to a popular copyrighted song
LET'S GET SH*T DONE, TOGETHER!
Are you ready to launch your business on social media? Well, we're here to help you launch your ideas to the world. Get the advice you need to start, learn, build, and grow your business today. Download our Instagram for Business Guide for free.