To get Instagram verification, you will need to fill out an online form with your details and upload a photo of yourself.
Instagram has become an essential social network for many businesses. You can leverage it to connect with potential customers in ways you never could before. But, if you only have limited time and budget, how can you leverage Instagram effectively? Often, companies will rely on creative solutions to generate leads. While this may work for some businesses, it can be limiting in other ways. This is particularly true if you want to grow your business organically without relying on ads or other less effective methods with mobile traffic. The easy part to getting verified.
What does Instagram verification mean?
Verification on Instagram is a way of showing that your account is the authentic presence of well-known public figures and celebrities.
As with Twitter, Facebook, and, yes, Tinder, the little blue checkmarks are meant to indicate that the platform has confirmed you as an accurate profile.
Instagram has made it super easy to figure out who the trustworthy accounts are on the network. The set of ""highlight for account"" badges launched by the brand is designed to make Instagram users aware of whom they should follow and increase trust through accountability and notifications. These badges are designed to make the real accounts stand out so that Instagram users can be sure they're following the right person or brand. They'reThey're easy to spot in search results and on profiles, conveying authority. The highlighter of your account badge can even be found in posters, where it stands out against all other accounts.
The logic here is pretty simple: if you have a verified account, you have proven your authenticity, and your profile is clearly centered around your business, whatever that may be. That makes it easier for brands and brands alone to understand the real you under Instagram'sInstagram's staggeringly complex.
Is anyone eligible to get verified on Instagram? Basically
You see a blue checkmark, maybe even in your profile photo, and think you've got a chance to be noticed by the rapidly growing Instagram audience? But no matter how many followers you gain, if you don't have anything to back them up, you won't see your tweets or posts appear in the feed. Anyone can apply to get verified on Instagram. However, Instagram is notoriously picky about who actually gets verified.
Here is what we know
So when Instagram released a significant update to its verification scheme, it raised many eyebrows. People who have verified accounts have a blue checkmark next to their profile pic on Instagram. That doesn't mean their account is 100% verified. You need to go to the Instagram Developers Forum (or any other relevant forums) and answer a few questions about how you personally manage your personal and business accounts — for example: either maintaining two-factor authentication for both (and have two-factor linked to both) or sharing photos from physical-backed devices (ex. phones with a PIN).
- Authentic: Are you a trustworthy person, registered business, or brand? You cannot be a meme page or a fan account.
- Unique: only one account per person or business can get Instagram verified, except for language-specific charges.
- Public: private Instagram accounts do not qualify for verification.
- Complete: do you have a full bio, profile photo, and at least one post?
- Notable: this is where things get interesting, but Instagram defines a noteworthy name as one that is ""well-known"" and ""highly searched for. hmm 🤔""
Getting Verified on Instagram in 6 Easy Steps
Getting verified on Instagram is actually a pretty simple process:
- Go to your profile and tap the three-line icon in the top right corner
- Tap Settings
- Tap Account
- Tap Request Verification
- Fill in the application form.
- Your legal name
- Select your industry (for example: blogger/influencer, news/media, business/brand/organization, or sports, etc...)
- You'llYou'll need to submit a photo of your official government ID. That could be a driver's driver's license or passport for individuals. For businesses, a utility bill, your articles of incorporation, or tax filings will do.
6. Tap Send.
Instagram will take a few days or weeks to get back to you. Instagram says its team reviews your application, and then you'll receive a response in your notifications tab.
We'll keep you posted for our verification one of these days 😅, LOL.
LET'S GET SH*T DONE, TOGETHER!
If you are an entrepreneur, we're here to help you launch your ideas to the world. Get the advice you need to start, learn, build, and grow your business today. Subscribe here for free access to our library of resources.