Did you know that the government has a way you can look up funding (grants and loans) for your Canadian small business?
Personally this is a new tool we just discovered but it makes it easier to see what's out there in the world — we need all the support we can get!
It's called the Business Benefits Finder (access now).
It only takes a few minutes to answer some questions (kind of like "fill in the blanks" style) and then they'll give you a list of benefits you could use for your business. Easy right?
Ontario Business Grants for 2022
Here are some of the grants we chose that might work for you too, especially if you are an ecommerce business (like us 😉).
*Note some of these funding options may not currently be accepting applications
- Rise — Youth Small Business Program = 10-week online accelerator program to build your business and a grant of $500
- CanExport SMEs = Up to $50,000 to cover a max of 50% costs for expanding into markets outside of Canada
- Canada Book Fund Support for Organizations — For-Profit = Up to $1.5 million to cover max 75% of costs for Canadian Authors
- Starter Company Plus = Advice and funding of up to $5,000 to help new or existing businesses hire, grow, plan, export and more *non-repayable
Ontario Business Loans for 2022
Although non-repayable grants and free stuff is great, sometimes a loan is the only way to go when needing funding. It's hard to get access to capital but these loans (repayable) might be able to help your ecommerce business too!
- Futurpreneur = Up to $20,000 in a loan (and more through the BDC if needed)
- Black Entrepreneurship Loan Program = Provides loans up to $250,000 to Black business owners and entrepreneurs
There's a bunch more however find out what works for you and get that money honey!