The word hustle has been twisted and used in an accusatory manner by those who would seek to discredit those who are driving their side hustle or businesses forward, no matter how successful they may be. It is used as a weapon by those who wish ill will upon those who have invested time, money and effort into an idea or passion, an idea which may ultimately prove fruitless because it is unattainable without a great deal of hard work and sacrifice on the part of those involved.
Hustle is not just a term
Hustle is a term that has been thrown around in business for years. Whether used in building a company or running a blog, the concept is simple: using your network to get things done. Networking is where early employees of companies like Facebook, Yelp, and Reddit found jobs after they were fired; hustling is how people found their way into jobs after leaving companies, and hustling is what many freelancers do to make ends meet. Sometimes, you might hear people use the term "hustle" in business to describe themselves or their business' success. But, do not be deceived by the term's simple meaning. This concept's real purpose and impact aren't to endear ourselves to other companies or make ourselves appear more approachable.
Hustle is the process of getting people to help you. Whether it is writing articles for your blog, connecting with potential customers online, or reaching out to people in your industry for help, hustle is an approach to business or personal growth that relies on being magnetic, persuasive, and relentless. Think of it as a currency, except instead of dollars, and you are hustlers trying to make your mark in the online world. The point of all this is to get you motivated enough to work for someone else instead of just thinking about it. To put it another way, you need to identify 3 things about yourself that would make you an excellent fit for a particular side hustle work.
Work smarter and with a sense of urgency
We believe "Hustle" is about working smarter. It's about making more of an impact in your business by taking calculated risks, working harder, having more self-confidence, and believing in yourself more than anyone else does. It's also about sharing your story—how you got where you've gotten, what you've learned along the way, and what's still possible. Too often, people get stuck in a rut. They stop pushing themselves, and they settle for less.
They stop enjoying the process. That stops them from moving up the ladder. So what does this remind you of? Social networking. Hiring and staffing, customer service, research, marketing—all the things that have an impact on your business are hustles. You can know all about them, but if you don't look for ways to weave them together into one big day—one big push—all of them will fall short. Since if they don't all come together, what's the point of all of this hustle? Here are 7 motivational quotes that will help you get more things done in the here and now (that won't cost you a dime!). Hustle means you work smarter and faster (more agile) than other people.
7 Motivational quotes
- "I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed." – Michael Jordan
- "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." – Walt Disney
- "It's hard to beat a person who never gives up." – Babe Ruth
- "Don't limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve." – Mary Kay Ash
- "The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now." – Chinese Proverb
- "Only the paranoid survive." – Andy Grove
- "The secret of getting ahead is getting started." – Mark Twain
Are you out hustled?
Are you working for someone else but getting less than what you think you deserve? If so, it could be time to consider other options. Are you working on a side hustle where the money is coming in but you're struggling to get the results you want? If so, it could be time to consider another path that will allow you to be your own boss, make good money, and take care of yourself without much outside help. Are you working for yourself but not enthusiastic or happy about it? If so, we have some side hustle quotes on how to improve your life circumstances and work from home (even in non-hustling professions).
Side hustle quote
- "No one is to blame for your future situation but yourself. If you want to be successful, then become "Successful."― Jaymin Shah
- "Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle."― Abraham Lincoln
- "Every sucessful person in the world is a hustler one way or another. We all hustle to get where we need to be. Only a fool would sit around and wait on another man to feed him." ― K'wan
- "Invest in your dreams. Grind now. Shine later." – Unknown
- "Hustlers don't sleep, they nap." – Unknown
- "Greatness only comes before hustle in the dictionary." – Ross Simmonds
- "Without hustle, talent will only carry you so far." – Gary Vaynerchuk
Examples of hustle in a Sentence
- "Why didn't you just hustle out of town when I told you she was here?"
- "Dean asked, trying to hustle Fred along with his drawn out explanation."
- "Maybe you snuck up here and helped hustle along your sweetie on her trip to never-never land."
- "Then why didn't I just forget about the whole business and hustle you?"
- "But the result of a day's fighting, which was marked by initiative and combination of effort in the subordinate commanders, was to hustle the Turkish V."
The guards hustled the prisoners into the jail. The star's manager hustled him out the theater's back door to avoid the throngs of fans.
"Sentences not originally written by Hustl Works"
Definition of hustle
1a: to crowd or push roughly: had been hustled into a jail cell with the other protesters
b: to convey forcibly or hurriedly… grabbed him by the arm and hustled him out the door …— John Dos Passos
c: to urge forward precipitately hustling tourists from one museum to the next
2a: to obtain by energetic activity —usually used with uphustle up new customerstry to hustle up some tickets to tonight's gamehustling
d: to lure less skillful players into competing against oneself at (a gambling game)hustle pool
Word close to hustle
Synonyms for hustle
The hustle has been proven and does work. Remember to trust in the hustle because it's 100% in your control.
LET'S GET SH*T DONE, TOGETHER!
Oh, right! You want to start selling (some or all) of the things in your niche. Or, you want to create a side hustle to sell (some or all) of the products in your niche. Well, that's great news! Take the BASIC DIY SHOPIFY ONLINE STORE SETUP course. Grab this course to see the secrets behind Digital Nomads and their success. Set up a Shopify store in Canada.