Ok, so this is 1 that we've been wanting to know FOREVER!!
You use these gifs as stickers on Instagram stories 😏
GIF stickers are animated GIFs laid on a transparent background or layer (alpha channel). As Giphy puts it, “Think a cut-out or die-cut, but animated.”
- Create a Giphy brand channel and apply to get it verified
- Create a GIF sticker (click for a tutorial from Giphy for their Gif Maker) *Instagram Stories pull their gifs from Giphy, so you need to create and upload it there
- Upload GIF sticker with a good description — think of it like good SEO and a way people search and find your sticker (check the tech specs below)
You're now ready to check and see if it made it on Instagram!
Go to Instagram stories, click on the sticker con & search for your sticker
And there you go :)
PRO HUSTL TIP: Having your own branded GIFs for your business (that are actually good so people want to use them 😛) will help give you some exposure!
As for technical specs, Giphy states the following about creating GIF stickers:
- Upload your stickers as GIF files (APNG files are currently not supported)
- Stickers must be exported with at least 20% transparent pixels, no white or opaque color backgrounds.
- Size: 500-600px with an even-numbered height and width.
- There is no maximum file size, our server will automatically resize the sticker on upload.
- RGB color mode is mandatory.
- Set to loop Forever upon exporting.